Music is the only thing humans can create from nothing. When we create music, we are emulating God.
Jody Mayfield is a jazz musician from Atlanta GA. He studied at Clark Atlanta University, where he majored in Music Performance. He holds a B.A. Degree in Music Technology from Morris Brown College and Master's Degree in Music Technology from Southern Utah University. He has performed with musical greats such as Dizzy Gillespie at the Montreux Jazz Festival in Montreux, Switzerland ('81, '82) as well as James Lloyd of Pieces of a Dream; Frank Foster; Grover Washington, Jr.; Mary Lou Williams; Illinois Jacquet and the Tony Rich Project. He also opened concerts for Sarah Vaughn, Dexter Gordon, Rodney Franklin, Wynton Marsalis, Lionel Hampton, Fred Hammond, Bishop T.D. Jakes to name a few. Jody Mayfield was the creative director for Evander Holyfield’s record label, Real Deal Records for three years.
Jody Mayfield has worked with top hip-hop producers such as Organized Noize, Anthony David, Marq (Remarqable) Jefferson of So So Def Records. He has also produced a double CD set of songs for the non-profit organization Young Life, which impacts the lives of inner-city teens. Jody Mayfield has toured with Sleepy Brown. He has also worked with actor-comedian, Robert Townsend (who referred to him as a “Master Musician”) on film and television projects for the Black Family Channel.
• M2O: Jazz and all Her Babies 1997
• Whatever It Takes 1999
•Soul Sanctuary 2014
• Antonia Lawrence: Global Hallelujah, producer, music arrangements,
music direction. 2006
• Anthony David: 3 Chords & The Truth, Keyboards 2005
• Blackjack: Ace on Top, Keyboards, Producer 1995
• “Thousand Dollar Bee”, Opening Theme Composer
• “Partners in Crime”, Opening Theme Composer
• “Riff”, a Robinson Vil Film, Soundtrack Composer 2006
• “The Effect”, a Robinson Vil Film, Soundtrack Composer 2007
• “Life•Less”, a Robinson Vil Film. Soundtrack Composer 2011
• "Rasin Mwen", a Robinson Vil Film. Soundtrack Composer 2015
• "Fake News" Feature Film, Soundtrack Composer 2017
• Thick Skin (TV Mini-Series) (9 episodes) Soundtrack Composer 2017
Jazz isn't a music, it's how you play music
All music has it's roots in what we call jazz.
What I play is Life
Music allows the soul to travel back in time to the instant you first heard that special song.
Ray Ray vs the Monster'
Rasin Mwen movie trailer
Another Chance Book Video
Morris Brown College
Thick Skin Web Series